DOT Continuing Education Requirements for SAPs
To continue offering SAP services, you must complete SAP continuing education sometime during each 3-year period following the date of your initial SAP exam. DOT continuing ed requirements include:
1) Complete 12 SAP continuing ed hours during every three-year cycle
Use our free study guides to meet this requirement. The guides cover the following DOT-mandated subjects:
- New drug & alcohol abuse evaluation technologies
- Current DOT interpretations / Q&As about the SAP job
- Recent SAP guidance from the DOT
- DOT regulation changes and other information about developments in the SAP function in the DOT program
2) Pass a continuing ed quiz to demonstrate your knowledge of the SAP continuing ed materials.
SAPlist U meets the DOT requirement, and will provide 12 hours of continuing education. SAPlist U is also endorsed by EACC, NASW and NBCC.