SAPlist is a nationwide directory of Department of Transportation (DOT) Substance Abuse Professionals (SAPs), and a continuing education resource for SAPs. Our website also offers information about federal regulations that govern drug testing.
History of SAPlist
SAPlist was founded in by Lee Mauk, an expert of DOT drug and alcohol testing regulations. In addition to creating SAPlist’s continuing education program, Lee also:
- Develops and writes drug and alcohol programs and policies for employers, in compliance with state and federal laws
- Coordinates drug and alcohol program consultations through the Blair Consulting Group
- Conducts on-site compliance reviews for employers subject to audit by the DOT.
- Designs educational programs for employees, including required reasonable suspicion training programs for supervisors of DOT-covered employees.
- Provides nationally-acclaimed in-person SAP training through the Blair Consulting Group
What is a SAP?
According to US Department of Transportation (DOT) regulation -49 CFR Part 40, a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) is someone who evaluates employees who have violated a DOT drug and alcohol regulation. A SAP makes recommendations concerning education, treatment, follow-up testing, and aftercare. Learn what it takes to become a SAP.
Become a SAPlist member. Grow your SAP business!
As a premium member, you’ll appear in the SAPlist directory—the #1 online destination for people seeking SAPs. SAPlist gives you the visibility you need to attract new SAP business. If you’re not ready to purchase a premium membership, sign up for a free basic membership today. You’ll gain access to continuing education quizzes and study guides!